Boomerang - by Aboriginal artist Thomas Tjapaltjarri
This returning boomerang is designed by renowned Aboriginal artist Thomas Tjapaltjarri. It's an authentic Aboriginal boomerang that comes with a beautiful display stand to show off your art.
- Genuine returning boomerang
- Throwing instructions included
- Comes with extensive artist biography
- Royalties paid to the artists
- Australian made
- Comes with a display stand
About Thomas Tjapaltjarri
Thomas paints the stories of the Pintupi dreaming; his ancestors, places and events. He is part of the renowned Western Desert art movement and has exhibited around Australia, Europe and the United States.
His personal story is remarkable. Thomas was a member of nine Pintupi people to come in from the Gibson Desert in 1984. This was the first time they’d come into contact with the outside world.
Will my boomerang return?
You need to follow the instructions and practice throwing. Additionally, if it’s too windy, then your boomerang is likely to fly where it wants and not back to you!
A bit more about boomerangs
Traditionally non-returning boomerangs were used to hunt and kill prey. Returning boomerangs were mainly used for having fun. Either way, when throwing a boomerang, it’s completely different to a frisbee. Instead it needs to be thrown almost vertically, with a lot of spin power behind it. Watching a boomerang return can seem like the magic of a bird soaring on the wind.
Boomerangs have been discovered across the world. From Ancient Egypt to India and even the United States where Native Americans in California and Arizona used non-returning boomerangs. Here in Australia, Aboriginal boomerangs were traditionally used for:
- Hunting tools
- Digging e.g. food and then cutting it
- Musical instruments e.g. music sticks
- Making fire by creating friction through rubbing
Boomerangs were made of wood and came in all shapes and sizes and this is still the case. Boomerangs used in sport however are made of typically made of special plastics or aircraft plywood.
All our orders are processed and sent within 3 business days. If you need your delivery faster, then we’ll try to arrange this for you.
Please either make a note in the shipping notes, call our shop +61 (07) 40 995 470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we don’t have the item in stock, we’ll be in touch to let you know when it’ll next be available.
Didgeridoos & crocodile skulls
If you are interested in purchasing either, please get in touch with us before ordering as these items are shipped via a combination of volume and weight. With crocodile skulls, shipping internationally requires a CITES permit.
Delivery time depends on where you live. As our shop is headquartered in Port Douglas, it’ll take a little longer to reach you as we are considered a regional area.
We’ve partnered with Shippit for Australia wide orders and on most occasions your parcel will be delivered by Fastway Couriers. In those instances, where Fastway does not deliver, we will switch to Australia Post Express Post.
How Shippit works
When your order is on its way, you’ll be notified by email and SMS and you’ll be able to track the progress of your goodies in real time, from our store right to your door.
With Shippit, you’ll also have the freedom to change your delivery details or re-route your package so you can plan your day with peace of mind.
To track the progress of your order:
For international orders, you can choose your package to be delivered via Australia Post or DHL.
Shipping charges are based on packaging, total weight, cubic size of your order and destination.
Economy Air Mail: it’s cheap but it’s also the slowest way to post and you can’t track your package. Australia Post says to allow at least 12 business days for delivery. If you live outside of a metropolitan area, then allow even longer.
Standard Air Mail: tracking is available to most countries. Australia Post estimates at least 8 business days for your package to arrive. If you live outside of a metropolitan area, then it will take longer.
Express International Post: tracking is available to most countries. Australia Post estimates at least 5 business days for your package to arrive. If you live outside of a metropolitan area, then it will take longer.
Where’s my parcel?
All sorts of things can hold up a delivery; customs delays, incorrect delivery address given, local transport issues, time of year e.g. Christmas, major events including extreme weather, even postal strikes.
The estimated arrival for each of the shipping options is just that, an estimate. Australia Post can’t guarantee when your parcel will arrive (and neither can we, Oz About Oz).
We will email your tracking number (for Standard Air Mail or Express International Post) so you check the progress of your parcel.
Milestone tracking is available to you. Further updates can also be obtained directly on the destination postal website as well.
Points to note
- If you live outside Australia, customs duties, foreign taxes or other fees are your responsibility. If you refuse to pay any applicable duties and taxes, then it’s up to you to arrange for your order to be returned to us in order to receive a refund of the order only. It’s therefore a good idea to get in touch with your local customs office to find out if your order will incur any fees, delays or even confiscation prior to completing your purchase.
- We’re required in accordance with Australian export regulations to declare the exact value and identify the order as dutiable merchandise. We are protected by law from identifying an order as a gift.
- Around 5% of packages are stopped at customs for inspection. While we take great care to wrap your order, if it’s stopped at customs, then they will open the parcel and we can’t guarantee how it will be rewrapped.
- When a parcel that is unable to be delivered and is therefore returned to us, we will let you know via email and we’ll refund your order minus the deduction of shipping costs.
- For change of mind returns, we will not refund shipping fees, only the price of the goods returned will be refunded. Please see our returns page for more information.
- When your parcel is received, please open with care. We’re not liable for any items damaged during the opening of your parcel.
- Oz About Oz does not accept responsibility for shipping times and we will not refund items that arrive later than required.
If you have any questions about shipping, please email email@example.com or call our shop +61 7 40 995 470.