Grey kangaroo with joey holding Australian flag - 2 sizes
Holding an Australian flag, with an Australia ribbon, this kangaroo with joey is the ultimate souvenir soft toy. We have two sizes available and they make for a great Australian souvenir gift for young and old kids at heart!
- Grey in colour with white chest and body and ears with joey in pouch (attached to mum)
- Large kangaroo soft toy measures approximately 28 cm (11 in) high and 20 cm (7.9 in) long and has a yellow and green ribbon around its neck
- Small kangaroo measures approximately 21.5 cm (8.5 in) high and 16 cm (6.3) long and has a red and gold ribbon around its neck
- Suitable for ages 3+ and up
- Designed and made in Australia
- Made of all new materials
A bit about the eastern grey kangaroo
The eastern grey kangaroo is so called because it lives on the east side of Australia on the coast and inland areas where rain fall is more than 250 mm annually.
The environment they inhabit is forests, dense scrub and even semi-arid areas and woodlands.
It's a marsupial that lives in groups of around 10 and distinguished by their grey fur.
Adults males' body length is up to 1.3 m, tail not included but of which measures up to 1m long. In comparison, females are smaller, with their bodies around 1 metre long and their tail growing to .84 m.
Eastern grey kangaroos are herbivores and prefer to eat young new shoots of grass but they will venture into eating other plants and have been known to eat fungi!
When kangaroos get hopping, they can quickly cover huge distances. A female eastern grey kangaroo was recorded hopping 64km/hr. Wow!
All our orders are processed and sent within 3 business days. If you need your delivery faster, then we’ll try to arrange this for you.
Please either make a note in the shipping notes, call our shop +61 (07) 40 995 470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we don’t have the item in stock, we’ll be in touch to let you know when it’ll next be available.
Didgeridoos & crocodile skulls
If you are interested in purchasing either, please get in touch with us before ordering as these items are shipped via a combination of volume and weight. With crocodile skulls, shipping internationally requires a CITES permit.
Delivery time depends on where you live. As our shop is headquartered in Port Douglas, it’ll take a little longer to reach you as we are considered a regional area.
We’ve partnered with Shippit for Australia wide orders and on most occasions your parcel will be delivered by Fastway Couriers. In those instances, where Fastway does not deliver, we will switch to Australia Post Express Post.
How Shippit works
When your order is on its way, you’ll be notified by email and SMS and you’ll be able to track the progress of your goodies in real time, from our store right to your door.
With Shippit, you’ll also have the freedom to change your delivery details or re-route your package so you can plan your day with peace of mind.
To track the progress of your order:
For international orders, you can choose your package to be delivered via Australia Post or DHL.
Shipping charges are based on packaging, total weight, cubic size of your order and destination.
Economy Air Mail: it’s cheap but it’s also the slowest way to post and you can’t track your package. Australia Post says to allow at least 12 business days for delivery. If you live outside of a metropolitan area, then allow even longer.
Standard Air Mail: tracking is available to most countries. Australia Post estimates at least 8 business days for your package to arrive. If you live outside of a metropolitan area, then it will take longer.
Express International Post: tracking is available to most countries. Australia Post estimates at least 5 business days for your package to arrive. If you live outside of a metropolitan area, then it will take longer.
Where’s my parcel?
All sorts of things can hold up a delivery; customs delays, incorrect delivery address given, local transport issues, time of year e.g. Christmas, major events including extreme weather, even postal strikes.
The estimated arrival for each of the shipping options is just that, an estimate. Australia Post can’t guarantee when your parcel will arrive (and neither can we, Oz About Oz).
We will email your tracking number (for Standard Air Mail or Express International Post) so you check the progress of your parcel.
Milestone tracking is available to you. Further updates can also be obtained directly on the destination postal website as well.
Points to note
- If you live outside Australia, customs duties, foreign taxes or other fees are your responsibility. If you refuse to pay any applicable duties and taxes, then it’s up to you to arrange for your order to be returned to us in order to receive a refund of the order only. It’s therefore a good idea to get in touch with your local customs office to find out if your order will incur any fees, delays or even confiscation prior to completing your purchase.
- We’re required in accordance with Australian export regulations to declare the exact value and identify the order as dutiable merchandise. We are protected by law from identifying an order as a gift.
- Around 5% of packages are stopped at customs for inspection. While we take great care to wrap your order, if it’s stopped at customs, then they will open the parcel and we can’t guarantee how it will be rewrapped.
- When a parcel that is unable to be delivered and is therefore returned to us, we will let you know via email and we’ll refund your order minus the deduction of shipping costs.
- For change of mind returns, we will not refund shipping fees, only the price of the goods returned will be refunded. Please see our returns page for more information.
- When your parcel is received, please open with care. We’re not liable for any items damaged during the opening of your parcel.
- Oz About Oz does not accept responsibility for shipping times and we will not refund items that arrive later than required.
If you have any questions about shipping, please email email@example.com or call our shop +61 7 40 995 470.