- Pocket sized with plastic cover; perfect for when you're in the bush
- Contains 1 page per snake and features 170 snakes who are likely to be encountered in Australia
- Each snake listing contains key identification features, habitat, range, behaviour and food
- At least one photo of each snake
- Great for those learning about snakes, those wanting to build on their knowledge and as a first snake book for kids
About the Author
Gerry kept geckos while at school. But it wasn't until he moved from New Zealand to Australia that his interest was rekindled in replies after a random encounter with a blue tongue lizard!
An Associate of the Australian Museum and past editor of the journal Herpetofauna, Gerry has written and co-authored more than nine books about reptiles; including What Snake is That, What Lizard is That, and Complete Guide to Reptiles of Australia. He also works as a reptile consultant and has a particular interest in the reptiles of the arid and semi-arid regions of New South Wales.