Against the Grain zinc balm - dark tint
The makers of this zinc sunscreen follow the mantra "if it doesn’t look, feel or smell like you can eat it, then don’t put it on your skin.”
100% handmade, this zinc oxide sunscreen contains plant based natural ingredients that are non-toxic, ethically sourced and infused with DoTerra essential oils.
Zinc sunscreen Australia SPF rating
Contain 30% non-nano zinc oxide and other ingredients to protect from UVA and UVB rays. This dark tinted zinc balm has not been tested to work out its SPF rating. Based on customer feedback however it provides around 2 hours of 30+ SPF equivalent sun protection.To apply:
- Warm a small amount between your fingertips
- Tap onto your skin
- Then rub into your skin (making sure to spread it evenly)
For longer protection:
- Apply a second coat
- You might see a slight opaque colour but this will disappear in around 20 mins
When you use this zinc oxide sunscreen:
- It's easy to apply, non sticky and definitely not 'thick'
- Moisturises the skin
- Won't sting your eyes or run off the skin with sweat or water
- Waterproof as it contains beeswax
- Helps heal sunburn and rashes
- It can be used as a primer or foundation (also won't stain your clothes if applied correctly)
- Won't damage coral reefs
This dark tinted zinc sunscreen blend contains raspberry oil which:
- Blocks UV rays; providing SPF 8 and SPF 28-50 UVB protection
- Fights free radicals and combats sun damage
- Boosts elastin and collagen for firmer skin and less wrinkles
- Fights age spots and premature ageing
- Great for clearing acne and helps heal psoriasis and eczema
For every zinc balm natural sunscreen sold, the makers Against the Grain donates $2 to the Great Barrier Reef Legacy Charity.
- 30% non-nano zinc oxide
- Organic cocoa powder
- Organic cold-pressed olive and coconut oil
- Australia beeswax
- Vitamin E
- Helichrysum pure essential oil
- Chaga mushroom
- Raspberry seed oil
All our orders are processed and sent within 3 business days. If you need your delivery faster, then we’ll try to arrange this for you.
Please either make a note in the shipping notes, call our shop +61 (07) 40 995 470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we don’t have the item in stock, we’ll be in touch to let you know when it’ll next be available.
Didgeridoos & crocodile skulls
If you are interested in purchasing either, please get in touch with us before ordering as these items are shipped via a combination of volume and weight. With crocodile skulls, shipping internationally requires a CITES permit.
Delivery time depends on where you live. As our shop is headquartered in Port Douglas, it’ll take a little longer to reach you as we are considered a regional area.
We’ve partnered with Shippit for Australia wide orders and on most occasions your parcel will be delivered by Fastway Couriers. In those instances, where Fastway does not deliver, we will switch to Australia Post Express Post.
How Shippit works
When your order is on its way, you’ll be notified by email and SMS and you’ll be able to track the progress of your goodies in real time, from our store right to your door.
With Shippit, you’ll also have the freedom to change your delivery details or re-route your package so you can plan your day with peace of mind.
To track the progress of your order:
For international orders, you can choose your package to be delivered via Australia Post or DHL.
Shipping charges are based on packaging, total weight, cubic size of your order and destination.
Economy Air Mail: it’s cheap but it’s also the slowest way to post and you can’t track your package. Australia Post says to allow at least 12 business days for delivery. If you live outside of a metropolitan area, then allow even longer.
Standard Air Mail: tracking is available to most countries. Australia Post estimates at least 8 business days for your package to arrive. If you live outside of a metropolitan area, then it will take longer.
Express International Post: tracking is available to most countries. Australia Post estimates at least 5 business days for your package to arrive. If you live outside of a metropolitan area, then it will take longer.
Where’s my parcel?
All sorts of things can hold up a delivery; customs delays, incorrect delivery address given, local transport issues, time of year e.g. Christmas, major events including extreme weather, even postal strikes.
The estimated arrival for each of the shipping options is just that, an estimate. Australia Post can’t guarantee when your parcel will arrive (and neither can we, Oz About Oz).
We will email your tracking number (for Standard Air Mail or Express International Post) so you check the progress of your parcel.
Milestone tracking is available to you. Further updates can also be obtained directly on the destination postal website as well.
Points to note
- If you live outside Australia, customs duties, foreign taxes or other fees are your responsibility. If you refuse to pay any applicable duties and taxes, then it’s up to you to arrange for your order to be returned to us in order to receive a refund of the order only. It’s therefore a good idea to get in touch with your local customs office to find out if your order will incur any fees, delays or even confiscation prior to completing your purchase.
- We’re required in accordance with Australian export regulations to declare the exact value and identify the order as dutiable merchandise. We are protected by law from identifying an order as a gift.
- Around 5% of packages are stopped at customs for inspection. While we take great care to wrap your order, if it’s stopped at customs, then they will open the parcel and we can’t guarantee how it will be rewrapped.
- When a parcel that is unable to be delivered and is therefore returned to us, we will let you know via email and we’ll refund your order minus the deduction of shipping costs.
- For change of mind returns, we will not refund shipping fees, only the price of the goods returned will be refunded. Please see our returns page for more information.
- When your parcel is received, please open with care. We’re not liable for any items damaged during the opening of your parcel.
- Oz About Oz does not accept responsibility for shipping times and we will not refund items that arrive later than required.
If you have any questions about shipping, please email email@example.com or call our shop +61 7 40 995 470.